The Job Support Scheme V2 that was due for launch yesterday, has now been shelved, as many of you already know. In light of the new restrictive measures we are turning the clock back to August in the shape of CJRS Extended so:
What do we know?
- it covers 80% of usual pay (cap of £2,500) with no employer top-up required;
- an employee can work and be flexi-furloughed but the employer must pay for hours worked;
- pension and NI costs to be covered by the employer;
- claim for any employee on the payroll at 30th October;
- if employees were on your payroll on 23 September 2020 and were made redundant or stopped working for you afterwards, they can also qualify for the scheme if you re-employ them;
- applies to all affected employers, and
- neither employers nor employees need to have previously used the scheme.
What we don’t know
- what is the base pay period for calculating the usual pay?
- when will it end and revert to the newly created JSS (Open and Closed), and
- when will the portal be updated to accept November claims?
For the detailed calculation on flexi-furlough please refer back to our earlier article: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme 2 – what is it? and look specifically at the section called “Ready for some numbers?”
If we have previously been operating furlough for you and you wish to continue please ensure that you reflect this in your input sheet when we run your payroll. We will assume that you want us to go ahead and make the claim for November as in previous months unless you say otherwise.
Finally please follow us on twitter @payacademy. This is the quickest and easiest way for me to get information to you. Hang in there – we’ve got this.